Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm going to .......


PARIS! I can't believe it, it's official. I'm going to the most romantic place in the world! If you know me I'm sure you are saying~ Sure you are. But really I am! I live in PA and the farthest I've traveled is Las Vegas. That was even far for me. Before that the farthest place was New Jersey. I know this is BIG! I have always wanted to travel, it just hasn't been in the cards. College, new house, kids, things just have always come up. My husband has to travel to Germany for work. He said~ I really wish you could come, if only you had your passport. Well that's all it took. I was at the Post Office the next morning asking how quick I could get one. That is an opportunity you can not pass up.

The passport showed up in about a week and a half. Pretty quick! So my thoughts~ we are going to Germany, how about Paris??? After lots of discussion my hubby finally agreed! So in a month I will be jet setting to EUROPE for 8 days. If you would have told me I'd be in Europe this summer, I would have said it will never happen. Just goes to show you anything can happen ;)

So now I am shopping for things to wear, practicing my French, and trying to get meds for the 8+ hour flight :) If anyone has any suggestions or tips I would love to read them.

2 comments:

Kell & Nick said...

Hi Bekkah....
I love Paris! It is the most amazing city outside of NYC!
I just love it there! I knew no FRENCH when i was there however if you ride the metro do note that EXIT is Sortie in French as I had no idea how I was going to get out of the metro station not knowing the word EXIT in French...luckily I bought a English French Translator in the station! Saved Me!!!
You will love it there it seriously is amazing! Anyway...I hate to fly and I always take a Zanax and Ambian and it seems to do the trick!
have fun!!!
Kell~

Emily ~ Little Window Shoppe said...

How exciting! It's true, anything can happen. I was able to visit France once a long long time ago, but wish I was going back. Have a wonderful day, I love your new designs too. So talented. :)